Now you will bring all the tasks that you have completed together in the final task of teaching your very own childbirth class.
This class will be evaluated by an experienced childbirth educator. The educator can be trained by any organization as long as they have been teaching childbirth 18 months or longer.
The class design can be whatever you decide works best for your students. It should meet at least 3 times for 2 hours per class. So for example every Tuesday from 6:00 to 8:00 pm for 3 weeks.
If you have other ideas for your class just let us know.
Suggestions to find an experienced educator
– Ask the childbirth educator whose class you observed if she can evaluate your teaching
– Check hospitals in your area for educators willing to assist you
– Search the internet for teachers in your area
– Video tape your class, upload it to a sharing site, and have an educator in any city evaluate you
– You may have to pay for an educator’s time to evaluate your classes
1. Complete the form below to tell us about your evaluator
2. Email or text your evaluator this link to complete an evaluation form after each class you teach
The link for text messages http://tiny.cc/evals
3. The evaluation forms should show fair to excellent scoring
4. Overall poor scoring means you do not pass and will need to be evaluated again until you receive a fair score
5. You will be emailed a copy of all your evaluations
Back to Your personal certification page