It is important that doulas, birth educators, midwives, physicians and other childbirth professionals help men transition into their roles as fathers.
So often pregnancy and childbirth education materials are mother focused and the fathers-to-be are side lined, receiving little to no information to prepare them for fatherhood. Let’s change that by providing support and guidance to expectant fathers, easing their fears and increasing their confidence.
The following are resources for fathers:
- Dad’s Adventure Magazine – a magazine for expectant fathers
- Daddy Scrubs – special gifts to celebrate fathers
- Fathers.com – the National Center for Fathering
- Fathersource.org – bookstore with curriculum for father workshops
- National Fatherhood Initiative – support for fathers
- Father Apprentice – a down to earth vlog by a dad for new dads