Course provides training to become an international certified birth and postpartum doula. You will understand how to comfort, support, and advocate for pregnant families. Gain the tools to start your doula business. Also, learn the skills to provide postpartum support.
Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn by Penny Simkin. You can use either the hard copy or ebook version. Click here to buy at our store.
This course should take roughly 16 hours to complete; the same as if you were in a face-to-face classroom. The course will include video and audio presentations, reading assignments, and also extremely brief writing assignments.
Work at your own pace. Expect some modules to be quick and others to take longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Start Doula Certification Course (Free)
The CPI Birth Doula and Postpartum Support certification program is internationally recognized and prepares you for an amazing and rewarding career. This comprehensive curriculum prepares Doulas to support women through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. You will also learn strategies to build a successful doula business.
The curriculum is competency based. Students will be able to:
- Identify attributes of doula care that improve birth outcomes
- Implement techniques that assist with coping during labor
- Recognize transformative phases of childbirth
- Assist mothers with initial breastfeeding
- Assess state of families during postpartum and provide care
- Write a doula business plan
Steps for Doula Certification
- Take Doula Birth and Postpartum Course – $25 per module or $295 complete course
- Provide Doula support for two families
- Interview two birth professionals
- Complete reading required course books
Fees automatically include certification, membership, and paperless documentation. Nothing to mail or fax! No yearly fees.
Doula Online Course – 15 Modules
- 1. CPI Certification Requirements — FREE preview
- 2. The Doula Profession
- 3. The Labor Process
- 4. Labor Support Techniques Part 1
- 5. Meeting Your Clients
- 6. Labor Process Pushing
- 7. Labor Support Techniques Part 2
- 8. Doula Practicals
- 9. Medications and Interventions
- 10. Birth Plans
- 11. Informed Consent
- 12. Postpartum
- 13. Newborns
- 14. Unusual Situations
- 15. Starting a Doula Business
Learn more here about Doula Birth and Postpartum certification course