Call/Text 916-525-7596 Click to Email
Childbirth Professionals International (CPI) was founded in 1996.
We are a continuing education provider through the California Board of Registered Nursing. Our offices are located in Sacramento, California, USA. CPI has members throughout the US and globally. We have been working with hospitals like Kaiser Permanente, Dignity Health, and organizations in countries around the world — Brazil, South Korea, Canada, Japan, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand — to deliver evidence-based, skills competency based, inspiring workshops and trainings in-person and online.
What makes CPI unique is our commitment to personalized solutions when working with organizations to meet your training needs. We know that each city, region, and country has unique needs for childbirth professionals. We don’t believe in a one size fits all approach or inflexible certification requirements that students can’t understand or can’t complete. We’re striving so that diverse experiences are represented in the birth profession; this means language, culture, ethnicity, socioeconomic background and so much more…
Recent Workshop Sponsors
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, San Jose, California
- San Joaquin General Hospital, Stockton, California
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Sacramento, California
- Ounce of Prevention Fund, Chicago, Illinois
- Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Napa, California
- Believe Midwifery Services, Thorntown, Indiana
- New Hope Services/Kids Place, Scottsburg, Indiana
- Pali Momi Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Bushwick Bright Star, Brooklyn, New York
- Trover Health System, Madisonville, Kentucky
- ICEA Qatar, Doha Qatar
- Renown Medical Center, Reno, Neveda
- PeaceHealth, LongView, Washington
- St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Woodland Hills, California
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, San Francisco, California
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, South Sacramento, Sacramento, California
- Kaiser Hospital Medical Center, Santa Clara, California
- New Milford Hospital, New Milford, Connecticut
To educate professionals serving childbearing families to become competent, entrepreneurial, ethical, and compassionate leaders who empower women and their families.
Develop the next generation of childbirth professionals to be leaders in policy, research, and service.
Knowledge – Extraordinary change begins in seeking to understand, in pursuing truth, in sharing knowledge
Respect – Possibilities are limitless when we listen to different world views, cultures, and understand the history of peoples
Excellence – Strive for achievement giving our best effort in every way
Empowerment – Commitment to reproductive and social justice by empowering individuals
Collaboration – Work with others for good
Click the program names below for more details
Unique Program features
One fee. Your training workshop includes all fees. No yearly membership charges, no testing fees, and there are no certification costs.
Digital tracking. There are no paper forms to complete! No fees for certification packets.
Individualized support. We are here to help participants complete their certifications quickly and smoothly.
3-6 month programs. Our certification programs can be completed in a short time period.
Contact hours. Nursing and professional contact hours issued for all trainings.
Our Core Tenant
(CPI) Childbirth Professionals International’s core tenant is “knowledgeable about options, empowered to give birth.”™
Our birth professionals work to ensure that pregnant families have a full understanding of their reproductive health…knowing how a woman’s body functions when she is pregnant and when she is not pregnant.
Our focus is knowledge.
We are not a birthing method. We are not natural birth focused. We are not epidural or cesarean birth focused.
We are advocates for evidence-based maternity care.
We advocate for knowledge about birthing options and the ability to choose and receive those birthing options in the communities where expecting families live.
Not everyone will need to know everything, but when a question arises, when faced with an issue…families should have the support and skills to optimize their pregnancy, birth, and parenting experiences.
CPI trained childbirth educators, doulas, and birth professionals work towards this end…that expecting families can:
– discover what they need to know
– possess increasing knowledge of childbirth, reproductive health, and infant development
– gain practical tools and coping strategies
– participate in the process
– have a voice to say what they do and don’t desire
– make choices they understand are not harmful and will have a beneficial result
– understand the power of childbirth
– be able to imagine and receive the birth and pregnancy experience they hold within their heart and soul
- Listening to Mother’s Survey
- Optimal Care in Childbirth: The Case for a Physiologic Approach by Henci Goer and Amy Romano, MSN, CN
- The Rights of Childbearing Women
Serving on the Midwifery Advisory Committee for American River College in Sacramento, CA to support the implementation of Midwifery Education Program.