If you are self-employed as a Childbirth Professional, it is important to evaluate at least once a year, if you are charging enough for the services you provide to expecting families. You should receive proper compensation for the valuable work that you perform.
Doulas, Childbirth Educators, Prenatal Massage Therapists, Prenatal Yoga Instructors, Midwives, Lactation Consultants, and other Childbirth Professionals often don’t charge enough for their services. When you are self-employed as a rule always charge an additional 10-25% more, because you have to cover your expenses i.e. insurance, gas, phone service, childcare.
It is important to realize that people are willing to pay for a service they see as valuable, necessary, and reputable. Individuals don’t negotiate the fees charged by their OB/Doctor.
Get paid what you’re worth.
Steps to Increase Fees
- Conduct an internet search to find out what professionals charge for the same service in your area.
- Decide on the amount you should charge.
- Now add 10%, because you still are not charging enough.
- Plan to raise your fees with your next client or in 30 days.
- Update your website or printed materials with your new fees.
- Let doubts go. Don’t have second thoughts. Feel fabulous because you are earning your worth.