This 2 day workshop will cover the basics of the doula profession and labor support care. You will understand how to comfort, support, and advocate for pregnant families. Also, learn how to start and manage your doula business.
Workshop completes a step to become a certified Doula.
- The Doula Profession
- The Labor Process
- Labor Support Techniques
- Breathing and Relaxation Techniques
- Finding and Meeting Your Clients
- Doula Practicals
- Medications and Interventions
- Birth Plans
- Advocacy and Informed Consent
- Unusual Situations
- Doula Business Strategies
Approved by the CA Board of Registered Nurses and Childbirth Professionals International for 16 contact hours.