We are delighted to address any of your concerns.
The CPI Doula Birth and Postpartum certification program is internationally recognized and prepares you for an amazing and rewarding career. This comprehensive curriculum prepares Doulas to support women through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. You will also learn strategies to build a successful doula business.
Transfers are accepted from different doula organizations; see requirements (click).
The curriculum is competency based. Students will be able to:
- Identify attributes of doula care that improve birth outcomes
- Implement techniques that assist with coping during labor
- Recognize transformative phases of childbirth
- Assist mothers with initial breastfeeding
- Assess state of families during postpartum and provide care
- Write a doula business plan
Steps for Doula Certification
- Take Doula Birth and Postpartum Course – $25 pay as you learn
- Provide Doula support for two families
- Interview two birth professionals
- Complete reading required course books
Fees automatically includes certification, membership, and paperless documentation.
Nothing to mail or fax! No yearly fees.
Doula Online Course – 15 Modules
16 Nursing CEUs or 16 Contact Hours upon completion
- 1. CPI Certification Requirements — FREE course preview
- 2. The Doula Profession
- 3. The Labor Process
- 4. Labor Support Techniques Part 1
- 5. Meeting Your Clients
- 6. Labor Process Pushing
- 7. Labor Support Techniques Part 2
- 8. Doula Practicals
- 9. Medications and Interventions
- 10. Birth Plans
- 11. Informed Consent
- 12. Postpartum
- 13. Newborns
- 14. Challenging Situations
- 15. Starting a Doula Business
Two payment options
- $25 pay as you learn or
- $295 pay at beginning for all 15 modules
Start by taking FREE online Doula Course Module 1