Anyone can take the doula course.
Everyone receives 16 contact hours and attendance verification once the course is successfully completed.
It is optional if you wish to become certified. There is no additional fee.
If you wish to earn a Birth Doula and Postpartum Certificate then you must complete the following steps:
1. Successfully complete online doula training course or in-person workshop
2. Support 2 laboring women and complete online form for each birth
3. Attend a childbirth class and complete online form
4. Attend a breastfeeding class and complete online form
5. Review the reading list (click);
This is the only required book to take course — Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn by Penny Simkin
Complete Assignment One Today
Please write down the book you are most interested in reading from the list.
Go to Next Module 2. The Doula Profession
Back to Online Doula Course main page