Anyone can take the doula course.
Everyone receives 16 contact hours and attendance verification once the course is successfully completed.
It is optional if you wish to become certified. There is no additional fee.
If you wish to earn a Birth Doula and Postpartum Certificate then you must complete the following steps:
1. Successfully complete online doula training course or in-person workshop
2. Support 2 laboring women and complete online form for each birth
3. Interview 2 birth professionals and complete online form
4. Complete the required reading list (click);
This is the only required book to take course — Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn by Penny Simkin
Start Doula Certification Course (Free)
Earn 16 CEUs/Contact hours
Call/Text 916-525-7596 Click to Email
The CPI Birth Doula and Postpartum Support certification program is internationally recognized and prepares you for an amazing and rewarding career. This comprehensive curriculum prepares Doulas to support women through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. You will also learn strategies to build a successful doula business.
Doula Course Modules
- 1. CPI Certification Requirements — FREE preview
- 2. The Doula Profession
- 3. The Labor Process
- 4. Labor Support Techniques Part 1
- 5. Meeting Your Clients
- 6. Labor Process Pushing
- 7. Labor Support Techniques Part 2
- 8. Doula Practicals
- 9. Medications and Interventions
- 10. Birth Plans
- 11. Informed Consent
- 12. Postpartum
- 13. Newborns
- 14. Unusual Situations
- 15. Starting a Doula Business
Enrollment after free preview
— $25 per module (pay as you begin each module) or
— $295 for complete course
Learn more here about Doula Birth and Postpartum certification course