Childbirth Educator Certification Program
The CPI Childbirth Educator Certification program is internationally recognized. Our students are successfully employed at hospitals and also have the option to teach classes as independent business owners. The curriculum is competency based. Participants earning certification have demonstrated the following core skills:
– Implement learner centered teaching strategies
– Manage and facilitate group of diverse learners
– Synthesize current research and develop evidence-based curriculum
– Proficiency teaching a wide range of relaxation and labor coping techniques
Bring a CPI training workshop to your city (click for details)
We are delighted to address any of your concerns.
How to Become a Childbirth Educator
Certification Steps for New Instructors
Click numbers ↓ below for detailed information
Certification lasts 4 years. To recertify childbirth educators need only submit 16 continuing education hours received within 4 year period and $100 renewal fee. This fee is waived if student submits all CPI contact hours. CPI offers yearly seminars awarding contact hours.
Childbirth Educator Course Workshop, $450
Credits — 18 contact hours; nursing CEUs
Workshop enrollment fee includes CBE certification program, CPI membership, and access to study modules. Get certified for the price of your workshop.
Course is available as 2 day classroom training or self-paced online.
Description — This is an interactive experiential evidence based training course. Participants should expect to be involved, to explore concepts, and try out strategies.
|1.||Dynamics of Group Learning in Childbirth Education|
|2.||Teaching Skills for the Childbirth Educator|
|6.||Breathing and Relaxation|
|7.||Profession of Childbirth Education|
|8.||Teaching from Risk Benefit Point of View|
|9.||Postpartum and Breastfeeding|
Steps For Experienced Childbirth Educators
This option is for those who have over 2 years experience teaching childbirth classes, but are not yet certified.
- Take the Childbirth Educator workshop.
- Review the study modules.
- Complete the module assignments.
- Complete the verification form documenting 2 years or 24 months of teaching.
Steps for Transfers or To Hold Dual Certification
CPI accepts transfers and/or professionals may hold dual certification. If you are currently a childbirth educator with a different organization within the last year we only require that you have 16 contact hours to become CPI (Childbirth Professionals International) certified. Contact hours are accepted from different organizations, however you would need to pay a transfer fee of $100. There is no transfer fee if contact hours are from CPI.
Not Yet CERTIFIED And Took CBE Training Thru different organization
Complete your childbirth educator certification with CPI. We accept participants who have taken a childbirth educator workshop within the last 3 years with a different organization. The transfer fee is $195. Participants would need to complete the remaining certification steps.
Student Review of CBE Course
I would like to state that the certification process that I have gone through in the last eight weeks has been an amazing journey of in-depth learning. This has provided me the following statements to share:
1) I have been taken through a mirrored reflection journey of the “knowledge” I already knew over many years, yet there has been a vast of new understandings and perspectives I have gained.
2) I have been provided a series of newly gained “knowledge” and can now apply this practical knowledge of the birthing basics into my current classes that I teach.
3) Most importantly, I have been able to take the steps of not only creating, but identifying a Childbirth Education Philosophy statement that has been a part of my childbirth educator journey for many years. I call this my “Childbirth Education Mission Statement”, which is to work collaboratively with customer owners to provide childbirth education options and decisions for their individual family needs.
With the knowledge I have gained and the educational journey I have completed in this certificate program, I am excited to implement the additional knowledge into the childbirth classes that I teach. I am honored to have been a part of the Childbirth Professionals International – Childbirth Educator Certification Program and look forward to working further on other certifications offered.
Thank you, Velda
Enroll in CBE Certification Program
In-person workshops -Without exception all refund requests must be submitted in writing 30 days before workshop is scheduled to begin. A nonrefundable fee of $75 will be retained in all cases. Late cancellations receive a credit to attend same workshop at any location within 1 year. Credits are not transferable to a different attendee. We extend our empathy to anyone experiencing an unforeseen circumstance including personal or family illness or an emergent event. You may request a credit to attend another workshop at any location within 1 year.
Online workshop – Without exception no refunds and no credits for the online childbirth educator workshop. Workshop is not transferable to a different participant.
Transfers – Without exception all transfer fees are nonrefundable.
We reserve the right to cancel any workshop in response to circumstances beyond our control. In the event of cancellation, registration fees will be refunded.