Attending a breastfeeding class will allow doulas to better understand the information parents are being taught. Also, doulas will increase their knowledge on how to provide breastfeeding support.
Participants must attend at least 1 breastfeeding class.
How to find a Breastfeeding class to attend
– Contact WIC (Women Children Infant’s) office in your local community; they have classes
– Call your local hospital and ask if you can observe a class or pay to attend a class
– Ask doulas in your area if they know of breastfeeding classes
– Check with a local birthing center in your area for classes
– Search the internet; try websites like Yelp to find local classes