Breastfeeding is important!
This first week of August is the opportunity to up the awareness of the power, necessity, and still much over looked importance of breastfeeding.
How to contribute during WBW week
1. Share your breastfeeding stories with others
2. Share your breastfeeding wisdom
3. Talk about your breastfeeding challenges
4. Ask questions about breastfeeding
5. Promote books, films, websites, and other breastfeeding resources like:
- Chocolate Milk — African America Breastfeeding Documentary
- The Milky Way — Film discusses breastfeeding in culture
- Black Breastfeeding Week — website to promote and support African American families
- Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association
6. Join the conversation on Twitter using hashtags #WorldBreastfeedingWeek #NBM18 #SupportBreastfeeding #NormalizeBreastfeeding #BlackMomsBreastfeed
7. Take a breastfeeding class
8. Teach a breastfeeding class
9. Evaluate what support do breastfeeding families have at your job or in your community…Is it breastfeeding friendly? Is a lactation room available?
10. Become a Breastfeeding Specialist
If you do one thing on this list then you have made a contribution to World Breastfeeding Week. Helping out feels good…right!
Learn more at http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org/