The month of August is World Breastfeeding Week and also, as proclaimed by the United States Breastfeeding Committee, August is National Breastfeeding Month.
The promotion of breastfeeding and the support of mothers and babies is so important. Take the month of August to learn, encourage, and advocate for breastfeeding.
Simple ways to celebrate:
- Use Twibbon to place a breastfeeding badge on your social media avatar
- Check out and share the free World Breastfeeding Week downloads
- Participate in the Big Latch On
- Read free breastfeeding articles in the Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health
- Try one of the 20 actions in 20 days by the United States Breastfeeding Committee
Breastfeeding is powerful!