Certified Breastfeeding Friendly Educators empower, educate, and inspire women to breastfeed.
The mission of the Breastfeeding Friendly Educator is to spread the knowledge of breastfeeding everywhere.
The Breastfeeding Friendly Educator (BFE) is trained and knowledgeable about the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI), and is committed to working within the community and within organizations that serve pregnant women and babies to implement the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding.
The Certified Breastfeeding Friendly Educator program allows those interested in breastfeeding to gain the knowledge and skills needed to assist moms and babies to breastfeed.
The target audience of this program are:
- Hospital staff that work in labor/delivery, postpartum, and pediatric care
- WIC staff and health service providers
- Childbirth Educators
- All individuals desiring to help mothers breastfeed
Click below to Discover more
- Read workshop outline.
- Learn about certification process.
- Register for Breastfeeding Friendly Educator Workshop.
The BFE does not provide medical care unless they have a medical license and or appropriate training. They do not provide the services of an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).